- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/moving-home-packing.jpg 255 682 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2017-05-29 17:28:442017-10-10 07:46:10Organize your packing
1. Make an inventory sheet with what you are packing. Get rid of the stuff not on the list. 2. Pack room by room in order to avoid confusion between your belongings when unpacking. 3. Prepare your packing materials. They can be purchased in…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Moving-Home-pic.jpg 271 630 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2017-05-29 17:01:592017-10-10 07:47:05Get a stress free moving day
1. Be thrifty, find free moving boxes. Save a little cash and get as many boxes as you need for free. Best places: the grocery and clothing stores, and warehouse style stores. 2. Create a schedule so you don't get overwhelmed. Don't forget…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/family-moving.jpg 240 680 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2017-05-29 16:38:492017-10-10 07:47:44Plan Your Moving
Planning tips: Six weeks from move day: Inform landlord/estate agent of your moving date Get removals quotes and book your company Book storage if required Three weeks from move day: Start packing up non-essential items Cancel any…