- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/removals-melbourne-may-02.jpg 3024 4032 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2019-05-16 15:43:062019-07-23 15:08:24How To Declutter For Storage Before The Move - Tips From Jake Removals Melbourne
A critical part of every big move is decluttering your house, particularly if you’re moving things into storage. Clearing your possessions reduces moving costs, decreases time and effort on move day and generally helps you feel a whole lot…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/mobile-storage-melbourne-oct2018.jpg 1080 1920 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2018-10-02 10:50:332018-10-21 20:58:33Another Storage Move From Our Happy Customer
Moving Out From Our Storage Facility at Notting Hill - Mobile Storage Melbourne Jennifer is a customer of ours who we had been holding her items in storage while she was awaiting her new home to be ready. We had moved all her belongings…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/small-house-removals-e1537278442121.jpeg 4032 3024 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2018-09-18 23:50:112018-09-18 23:51:38A Small House Move With Jake Removals Melbourne
Happy customers always have similar stories, let's share one moving job from Thornbury to Fitzroy by Jake Removals Melbourne A Small House Removals Melbourne, Our guys also helped uninstalling and installing customer's washing machine …