Removals and Storage Melbourne
Terms & Conditions
When hiring Jake Removals and Storage, the Following terms and conditions apply:
• Payment must be finalised with the driver on job completion. If the customer does not finalise account on job completion, the overdue account will be referred to a debt collection agency, or law firm for collection. Any commissions, agency costs and legal costs incurred will be added to the amount outstanding and form part of the debt payable by the customer.
• Cash or Visa/Master credit cards acceptable only.
• 2 hour fee applies for last minute cancellations.
• Toll charge applies if Citylink or Eastlink is used.
• Extra charge for upright piano, pool table, and similar items.
• We don’t take responsibility for pre existing damage. If your contents are worth more than this, we advise you take additional cover.
• If Jake Removalist accepts it is at fault of damage, repairs will be conducted by repairers appointed by Jake Removalist only.
• Jake Removalist will not be liable for any parking infringements. Please arrange parking permit where necessary.
• Pot Plants, Glass and Glassware are not insured.
• Jake removalist will not be remove possession that have not been safely packed and ready to move.
• We are strictly governed by worksafe. If you have booked 2 men removal services and items are heavier than a 2 men lift, we will not move these items.
• Any special offer or promotion provided by Jake Removalist is not available to be used inconjuction with any other special offer offered on this website or in the market place.
• Cancelled bookings and/or misinformation – If our workers arrive to a booking and due to circumstances out of their control or we have been given the incorrect information in regards to the property and or the items being moved which creates a situation where the movers are unable to perform the move we require a 2 hour minimum charge and also the cost of the call out fee to cover costs.
• Door to door and overnight charges – Our door to door policy when holding items overnight is as follow: We start charging the hourly rate when loading starts at the pickup address until the truck arrives back to our depot and re starts when leaving our depot the following morning until items are all unloaded at the delivery address. The overnight fee covers holding the items overnight only.
• Security Booking Deposit policy:
We require booking deposit when you make a booking. However if you cancel your booking we do not refund deposit.
If the customer cancel booking with short notice (24 hours before moving date), extra cancellation fees will be charged.
Service Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Moving times given are an approximate time as there can be delays due to circumstances out of our control. These can include but not exclusive to increased traffic, bad and or/no parking access and morning moves requiring multiple loads which can cause significant delays for afternoon bookings. If customers require the cancellation of bookings due to any delays we are happy to refund the deposit.
- Please note during our hotter months throughout Summer we do have a Heat Rate Fee for any days 35 degrees and over. The heat rate is $10 extra per hour for each removalist as these temperatures do add tremendously to the difficulty of the move.
- Minimum 2 hours for 2 men job, minimum 4 hours for 3 men job. Half hour increments afterwards.
- The hourly rate starts from truck arriving, and stop when we finish job. Including 15 mins Lunch break for any jobs over 5 hours.
- All of hourly rate extra charges like Stair fee, Heat rate etc. are average charges applied from the beginning of the job to the end. We do not count specific timeframe for them.
- Trucks must be parked at loading zone or on the road. However, if customer requires the trucks to be parked at Non-stop area, any parking infringements incurred are to be payable by the customer. Prepaid parking fine $182 must be required from the customer if customer requires the truck park at non-stop area. Customer can ask the prepaid amount to be refunded if we don’t receive the fine in the following four weeks.
- If customer asks the truck to be parked in the driveway, make sure the truck is fully parked in. If your driveway is not big/long enough and (the customer) require the truck parking with blocking full/part of footpath, we require a prepaid parking fine allowance $109 from the customer. The customer needs to contact our office for refund after 4 weeks from the moving date if we do not receive any parking fine in the subsequent 4 weeks.
- Client must make sure children under 18 years old not to enter the working area.
- It is the client’s responsibility to make sure there are no contrabands or other illegal goods.
- Goods in transit are covered by insurance up to $50,000 and public liability insurance up to $20 million. Our insurance only cover any damages or scratches caused during loading and unloading, not including shedding of load in transit. if any client wants to cover goods in transit, please get your own insurance to cover it.
- Any damages must be reported to the office before signing off your move.
- (Terms and Conditions: https://www.jakemove.com.au/removals-storage-insurance )
- Valuable goods such as cash, jewellery is not covered by insurance and must be carried by the customer.
- Customer needs to do basic packing for small Electrical goods and appliances such as computer, speaker, and microwave to protect from vibration during moving.
- Customer needs to pack skin care goods such as mattress, clothes etc. against normal moving dust.
- Customer need to inform the company if pre-packing needed at the time of booking.
- We want to inform you that we are unable to take responsibility for any dirty or foot marks that may occur on your carpet. Due to WorkSafe regulations, we are required to keep our shoes on while working on your premises. This means that during rainy days, it is possible that your floor or carpet may become dirty while we are moving items. We kindly ask that you take precautionary measures, such as using non-slip blankets, to protect your carpet or floor if you wish to avoid any potential damage.
- We would like to remind you that we cannot guarantee that your walls, especially stair walls, will be free from hand or glove marks. When moving furniture upstairs or downstairs, it is sometimes necessary to touch the wall to maintain balance. Therefore, we kindly request that you understand the nature of our work and take any necessary measures to protect your walls if you are concerned about their appearance.
- Jake Removals are not responsible for the damages caused by the customer or people other than our removalists during the services.
- After the job finished, it is the client’s responsibility to double check and make sure that all their goods have been unloaded from truck. We are not responsible for any loss after truck leaving the client’s property.
- Our insurance does not cover Fridges, TVs, Washing Machines or other electronic items where there has been no external damage caused by Jake Removals.
- Marble/concrete top table insurance cover – due to the nature and size of marble and/or concrete top dining tables the length of our insurance for these items only goes as far as if it is dropped by our movers. the reasoning behind this is as these items can crack from its own weight sometimes when being moved and when the top is separated from the base.
- Our movers can assist with basic dismantle/reassemble of items. Electronic items including washing machine, dryer and/or fridge for example need to be checked by customers before our movers leave as we do not supply plumbing/electrical services.
- If a home is considered an unsafe and/or unsanitary work environment by our staff once they arrive we hold the right to cancel the booking due to Occupational Health and Safety laws. This will incur a 2 hour minimum charge including the call out fee and the loss of the deposit. Please note we are not reliable for any extra fees incurred if the booking is cancelled due to these circumstances or any conditions out of our control.
- Due to Covid rules and regulations within Victoria if our workers require immediate testing and are unable to work we hold the right to cancel the booking as this is out of our control and is required by law. The customer will receive a deposit refund and our sincerest apologies. Please note we are not reliable for any extra fees incurred if the booking is cancelled due to these circumstances or any conditions out of our control.