- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/removalists-richmond-from-storage.jpg 1227 1000 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2021-09-09 17:09:172021-09-28 21:47:50Handling Unexpected Occurrences During Move From Storage Facility To Richmond
While moving is already quite stressful, unexpected occurrences can make things even harder. For instance, when moving a recent client from one neighborhood to another, something odd happened - the client realized that they had misplaced the…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/removalists-point-cook-yarraville.jpg 750 1000 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2021-08-24 17:10:212021-09-28 21:45:41Moving from Point Cook to Yarraville By Jake Removalists Melbourne
If there is one thing we pride ourselves in, it is putting our clients first. That’s why we always give them a choice between cataloging their luggage themselves or inviting us to their homes to do it for them. But with this freedom comes…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/interstate_removalists-windsor-waterways.jpg 767 1000 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2021-08-15 16:51:322021-09-28 21:51:33Interstate Moving from NSW to VIC By Jake Removalists Melbourne
As we have said before, moving from one state to the other is grueling for both customers and movers. But it is such strenuous situations that separate the amateur movers and the experts. Interestingly, we just recently encountered this. A…