- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Jake-removals-melbourne-mar-2-2021.jpg 1200 1600 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-03-29 12:36:122021-04-15 23:08:31Jake Removals Melbourne February Update
Jake Removals Melbourne February Update The month of February has been extremely busy and exciting with the final month of Summer coming to an end and hundreds of new and existing customers requesting to move before the colder Autumn months…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/removals-melbourne-Mar-2.jpg 1080 1440 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-03-25 19:30:362021-03-28 20:06:44Jake Removals Melbourne Cares Our Customer's Stuff Very Much
Jake Removals Melbourne Cares Our Customer's Stuff Very Much Of all the things we are known for, professionalism is at the very top. When we’re doing a move, our team not only arrives at your home on time but we are also very gentle with…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/removalists-melbourne-Mar-2021-1.jpg 900 1200 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-03-10 11:55:002021-03-12 23:14:00Customer Moved For Doing Home Renovation In Glen Waverley
Customer moved for doing home renovation in Glen Waverley In our years in the moving business, we have worked with a variety of clients. Apart from those who simply need to move from one house to another, we have also worked with those who…