- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/removals-melbourne-Feb-2021-3.jpg 1904 1500 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-02-24 14:22:082021-02-24 14:22:08The Summer month of January has been great for the team here at Jake Removals
The Summer month of January has been great for the team here at Jake Removals We have welcomed hundreds of new and existing customers moved through January, through the stormy rainy torrential Summer days to the scorching heat and sometimes…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/removals-melbourne-Feb-2021-2.jpg 1080 1440 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-02-08 10:34:182021-02-15 23:40:05Jake Removals Melbourne helped a customer moving within a very tight timeframe
Jake Removals Melbourne helped a customer moving within a very tight timeframe There is nothing quite as stressful as having to move suddenly. It is still really difficult to just up and leave like that. Fortunately, that is where we come in.…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/happy-new-year-2021.jpg 790 1436 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-01-20 13:56:112021-01-21 14:11:11Happy New Year 2021 | Jake Removals Melbourne
Happy New Year 2021 We will continue to update throughout the year within any important information to keep our staff and customers safe with the latest government guidelines. From all the staff at Jake Removals we wish you a Safe…