- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/storage-melbourne-jun01-e1564897753464.jpg 4032 3024 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2019-06-04 15:25:372019-08-04 15:52:35The Best Way To Pack Fragile Items For Storage - Tips From Jake Removals & Storage Melbourne
The number one problem most people encounter with storage is damaged or broken items. Fragile ones are most at risk, and it can cause quite a headache – particularly for expensive items or those with sentimental value. Thankfully you can prevent…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/removals-melbourne-may-04-e1564027960370.jpg 4032 3024 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2019-05-28 13:01:352019-07-25 14:41:11What You Need To Do and Plan 2-4 Weeks Before Your Moving
The actual moving day is getting closer. Jake Removalists Melbourne recommend you some tips which can be planned 2 to 4 weeks before the moving. • Finalize moving transportation and make necessary arrangements (i.e. helpers). •…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/removals-melbourne-may-01.jpg 2448 3264 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2019-05-23 09:02:252019-07-23 14:41:00Things to Do and Plan 6 Weeks Before Your Moving
Wanting to create your next move as stress free as possible? Jake Removals Melbourne will provide you some tips. Spending a little time planning now can save you a whole lot of hassles in the days leading up to move home, which is when you will…