- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/moving-in-the-rain.jpg 750 1000 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-07-28 11:50:112021-07-29 01:59:06Moving from Reservoir to Berwick In The Rain By Jake Removalists Melbourne
A large part of life’s novelty lies in its unpredictability - its ability to change in a second. But this doesn’t go down so well when it comes to the weather, especially when you are in Melbourne. This is the worst time for you to even…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/june-moving-cases-2021.jpg 1200 900 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-07-03 00:28:172021-07-03 00:28:17Sharing Two Moving Cases in June 2021
Jake Removals Melbourne Update June 2021 Today we would like to share two furniture removal cases from our happy customers. Customer one: Nengsy Moving Date: 15 June 2021 Nengsy was requesting help to move her 3 bed home from…
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/removals-melbourne-estate-june-1.jpg 749 999 admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png admin2021-06-05 22:13:522021-06-22 00:19:48Never Too Short - Moving By Jake Removals Melbourne
Never Too Short - Moving By Jake Removals Melbourne If there is one thing you should know about us, it is that we are keen on both long-distance and short-distance moves. Even if you are just moving across the street, we will ensure you have…