- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Image_20231030114044.jpg 900 1200 Web Admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png Web Adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2023-11-25 20:54:242023-11-25 20:55:30Flawless Move with Jake Removals Melbourne: Cheltenham to Reservoir
Their dedication to customer satisfaction, combined with their expertise, turned our Cheltenham to Reservoir move into a stress-free and successful experience.
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Image_20231030113945.jpg 1276 1702 Web Admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png Web Adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2023-11-12 21:39:122023-11-12 21:40:47Seamless Home Move with Jake Removals Melbourne
They turned a potentially stressful experience into a hassle-free transition to our new home. Thank you, Jake Removals Melbourne!
https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/20231029160354.jpg 1280 1707 Web Admin https://www.jakemove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jake-move.png Web Adminhttps://www.jakemove.com.au/contact-us/2023-10-29 15:47:392023-10-30 20:22:12Customer Review - The Easy Way to Move with Jake Removals Melbourne
Big Thank You to Jake Removals & Storage Melbourne for a Smooth Transition from Beaumaris to Brunswick - my new home!